Organizational and Team Effectiveness
Performance Management Highlights
Consultation / Facilitation
- Created a new performance evaluation system (design, forms,
instructional materials, etc., which included a self-evaluation component.
- Using separate employee and management task forces,
identified issues with the current performance evaluation system; recommendations presented to senior management.
- Designed a new performance evaluation and compensation
system for the executive director; assisted the board of directors with
implementation; designed and implemented a subordinate evaluation feedback
program for the executive director.
- Designed and implemented a 360-degree feedback process for key managers in a large department.
- Using leadership competencies, designed a succession
planning and career and professional development systems. Starting with the
executive team, worked with consecutive groups of managers to implement the system.
- Designed a performance planning system.
- Designed a team and individual performance goal-setting
model for a large organization and tailored it to 17 different facilities.
- Taught a two-day a "Performance Management" class for ten years as
part of the Human Resource program at San Francisco State University, College of
- Designed a full-day "Facilitating the Performance Evaluation
Meeting" workshop; instructional design and train-the-trainer materials purchased
by the client; co-taught eight classes with future instructors.
- Trained 200 new team leaders on setting goals, motivation,
giving feedback, and performance tracking.
- Taught two workshops on completing/writing self-assessments
as part of the performance evaluation process. This is the second time in four years.
- Designed and taught three, ½-day modules as part of a new
management training program; modules included
performance planning, coaching, and the feedback discussion.
- Taught a workshop on "Motivation and Performance".
- Designed a "Giving and Receiving Feedback" workshop as
part of a new a 360-degree performance feedback system.
–The executive performance evaluation and compensation system was not working
for the Board of Directors or the participants. Emily created a flexible and fair system,
which provides for accurate and relevant performance measures tied to a pay-for-performance
compensation system. The system also contains a professional development component. We have
been using the system for three years, and it continues to meet our needs! Emily knows how
to work with a complex set of variables, people, and environments to create a practical
and accessible product.
Bud Dougherty, Executive Director, California School Employees Association